BY THE WAY... Katherine doesn't know I'm doing this so as a surprise I'd love it if you shot her an e-mail letting her know that you read the blog! Thanks in advance...
So, I'll start this off by making introductions... the 8 of us consists of:
Katherine
Matt
Nelson
Deuce (baby #2 due Aug 11th of this year)
Jack (Daniels) - dog
Belle - dog
Tillman - cat
Bianca - cat
Here are some pics...
I figure it would be a good thing to put in pics of me and the dogs and cats because we probably won't make it in another entry... I wish I had some pics of the cats , but I'll have to add these later... they are black and I'm sure many of you are familiar with them in one way or another ...
Ok, to catch you up to date we are expecting baby #2 on August 11th. Katherine has been doing great so far and is 20 weeks this week. As with Nelson we are not finding out the sex of the baby until the big day and we both have no confident feeling if this is going to be a girl or a boy... guess we'll just have to wait and see. Katherine has been a real trooper with this one and manages to keep up with Nelson's even as her belly is ever expanding. We had ultrasounds about 2 weeks ago and everything is looking great, the baby was moving and kicking and doing super. Katherine has just been regularly feeling movement of the baby but it's still too light for me to feel.
What else... Easter.... ah yes... Easter was great fun. Matt's parents came in to town from Asheville and Nelson was glued to them the entire weekend. On Saturday morning one of our neighbors (the Poths) had their 3 rd Annual Easter Egg Hunt and it was a blast. They are wonderful friends and neighbors to start with and they throw a great party .. including a bartender mixing drinks in the morning! I'll try to add some pics and/or video from the hunt, but needless to say, Nelson had a blast and caught on to the concept of putting eggs in his basket pretty quickly... he also was clever enough to realize that picking eggs out of other baskets was easier than picking up individual eggs on the ground ... smart but we got him redirected. The Poths do an egg hunt for kids 2 1/2 and under, another for kids from 2 1/2 to 4/1/2, and yet another for all others. It was a great time enjoyed and another reminder of how much we love Charlotte and the area we are living in.
Throughout the weekend we watched NCAA basketball and unfortunately watched Duke lose in the 2nd round... better luck next year! On Saturday night we watched The Passion of The Christ which my parents hadn't seen and Katherine and I had only seen once. We have been taking a 36 week Disciple 1 bible study class on Wednesday nights and it has made such a difference in our daily lives and we could could really tell a difference with how much more in tune we were with the details surrounding the passion story.
On Sunday Katherine's mom and brother Bryant came up for Easter dinner. We missed having "Doc" (Katherine's father) in town but he was on call and could not leave Spartanburg. We had a great dinner and a wonderful time gathering with family as always.
Well, that's about it for us right now, the main news is that I'm going to get this blog off the ground so check back up for more updates!
Matt
4 comments:
I love the blog! Great job Matt! Bug, you are going to be hooked in no time!!!! :)
Yay! I love the blog, great work Matt :) Now I can quit bugging Katherine for pictures.
Hugs to you all,
Sara Jane
We love it!! The kids will love seeing Nelson "doin the dance." Hang in there Katherine!
Katherine- you look great! Such a sweet husband to set this up for you! See you guys soon!
love, Josephine
Post a Comment