JUST THE 8 OF US!


Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day out with Daddy!

Matt here…

While Katherine and her mom went shopping for the day I decided to have a day out with my little man! It started off by Nelson telling me he was ready to go out and at the same time telling me he wanted to take a nap, so I put him in his big boy bed and before his head hit the pillow he was asleep! When he got up we went straight out to get Nelson a haircut. It’s a kid-only place and Nelson had a blast playing with trains and cars while we waited, and then he decided to sit in the taxi for his haircut. We’re so lucky that he LOVES getting his haircut and he was thrilled to be going. After the haircut we went to a toy store a few doors down and I practically had to drag Nelson out of there, but as a small treat I bought him a Thomas the Train lift the flap book. He LOVES books in general especially interactive ones where he has to pull or open things. We left the toy store and had lunch at Chick-Fil-A and the nice lady in the store gave him a helium balloon as we left. Nelson loves this red balloons, I think it’s the red ones he likes most because of the red balloon in one of his favorite bedtime books “Goodnight Moon.” I debated getting Chick-Fil-A dessert but decided to end the day with a splash by making our first visit to a local cupcake shop, Polka Dot. We both had milk and a cupcake and he loved it, as you can see on his face! And just look at those cupcake hands… my boy knows how to eat! As we were heading home we got behind Katherine and her mom coming home from their girls day out shopping so the timing was perfect!

No comments: